Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Preview

I had to go to a work event this week, which certainly gave me a preview of what lies ahead once I return to work. Specifically. a very early wake-up. And a pretty scheduled morning (and I guess evening too) routine, none of which is all that appealing. I'm trying to work out a four day week for as long as possible, but I know my boss will be a weasel in the end. He's already started and I still have four weeks before I go back. Sigh. I really need to change jobs, which I had naively thought I could accomplish while on my maternity leave. I'm lucky if I get laundry from the washer to the dryer at 0this point. What was I thinking/smoking/sniffing?

However, those are all worries for another time. I trust that things will work out in the long run. I do think that getting back to work will be good for my mental health - feeling competent rather than this long learning curve I'm currently on will be a nice experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be good to yourself Colleen. A new baby and a new job would be a lot to manage. So maybe, you settle back in to things at "The Job", get a routine, feel good, then blast off resumes!

P.S. Would still love to see you.