Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream...

Oy. Just when you think you might get a nice li'l uninterrupted stretch of 6 hours of sleep, Rose pulls out her whammy gun and instead you get up every two and a half hours. Not just one night, but two in a row. Needless to say the dark circles are back under my eyes. However, the good news is she's sleeping much better during the day this week. As I say, baby steps. Pun intended.

We will be making the big move upstairs from our guest room/bassinet arrangment to OUR OWN BED (!!!!) and Rose to her crib. Hooray! I think it will either be tomorrow or Friday night. I'm so excited, I can't believe it. I haven't spent a night up there since October 1. Tim had two nights there while I was in the hospital, lucky guy. We've basically only used the room for a closet since Rose came home. It will be nice to get that slice-o-normal back, when so much is not normal anymore...I have to learn to embrace the new normal. Its the new black.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said it perfectly...the new normal. That's exactly it! It still feels new to us, even two years later. Which may speak to my adapting skills. :)