Thursday, March 15, 2007

They're Here...............

Screw the fact that its supposed to snow 8+ inches here tomorrow night and into the weekend. And the fact that Tim has to spend all day Saturday at a training. I'm not wild about him driving in the icky weather. Not at all. Oh well. The fabulous news is that I spotted these in the yard yesterday...


I never really realized that crocuses look like baby birds until this photo. Maybe its all the dead grass around that looks nest-esque.
Two years ago we had some deer around that ate every spring flowering plant before I caught on. I thought it was odd that the crocuses were only around for a day or two, and that the tulips never sent up flowers. Then I had the aha moment and figured it out. And fought back with Liquid Fence. It really smells horrible to humans for a couple of days, and apparently to deer for a lot longer because they never returned.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Isn't exciting? I saw some greenery in our yard yesterday too. Although nothing so full-fledged. Still, it's a hopeful and happy sign!