Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sweet Relief

Today I discovered the joy of the Starbucks Venti Caffe Latte. Always a latte fan, but I had never so specifically indulged. There was a Starbucks in the grocery store I was rambling through, and Rose was up 3x last night, if you include both of us waking up at 4:30 and staying up since then. Twice if you don't. Hence my need for some hi-test. And I am very glad to report that they did not disappoint. I'm usually a Dunkin Donuts, more mellow blend kind-of-coffee gal (truly a tea drinker at heart but desperate times call for desperate measures) but whatever those baristas cooked up worked for hours upon hours. Now I fear that that experience might have been my personal Brigadoon, coming along just once every hundred years...

And now they are selling some very cute Christmas tree ornaments. Teeny little faux bags of coffee beans, and teeny little versions of their ubiquitous white cups. And a combo teeny cup with snowglobe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Lord! I feel bad for you! Ugh! 4:30 with two wake ups. A lil' slice of hell, huh?

Anonymous said...

Collster
I marked your blog on my "favorites" at work and rediscovered the bookmark this morning!...all while I was sipping my grande skinny latte from Starbucks on New Bridge Street in the EC4 postcode of the City of London. Starbucks truly is global!
I hope that you enjoy these winddown (?) days to Christmas! Speak to you from the USofA.
Jimmie